Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2016

TRAVEL: My Holiday Series - Day 1

The first day of a holiday is always exciting yet tiring. You're excited to be in a different country and explore, but you are so tired from all the travelling; no matter how far away you go.

My journey was only an hour but I was awake from 4am to get ready for the airport. When we arrived at the airport we checked in and went through security; then we went to find food! Being lactose intolerant I am limited to what I can eat from food outlets as most places have food items that contain dairy. However, my saving grace comes in the form of Pret a Manger. My boyfriend found a bacon and egg baguette that didn't have any milk or butter in! 

The flight itself was interesting. We had to switch planes because the original plane had problems with the brakes - eek! I was glad to switch but it meant that we had an hour delay already! Our landing wasn't very smooth either and as we hit the runway many passengers let out a little scream.

When we arrived at my Grandad's house we had something to eat and a little chat before heading to the supermarket to stock up on food for the week. We decided that although we were on holiday we would still try and eat healthy and we would prepare all our meals from scratch.

Being in France we had to celebrate our arrival by opening a bottle of champagne and having an aperitif. This was lovely because we could relax and have a chitchat altogether before sitting down for dinner.



Day 1 was more of a relaxing day than an exploration one. But we did have time to plan the rest of the days which was great because then we knew what we could and couldn't fit in.

I hope you enjoy the next few days of the Holiday Series!

Until next time, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment