Pages

Sunday 7 August 2016

BEAUTY: August Birchbox Review

Hello :)

I have been a Birchbox subscriber for over 2 years and I've decided that from now on I am going to share with you what I get each month.
We can then compare and see what other products they gave out this month!

I like that Birchbox come up with innovative ideas instead of the usual box format. This month was in a Scuba Birchbag and mine was in the colour Yellowtail. It's such a fun idea and I love that they are in neon colours; it matches the summer season so well.



The products I received were:
1) The Marcelle waterproof eyeliner in Expresso.
 I chose the brown colour as I tend to wear a nude eye or soft brown shades so I thought it would compliment it well. It's great to use in the summer months too because it is waterproof so it wont budge! It is so easy to apply and you can even blend it to create a smokey look. 

2) A Philip Kingsley dry shampoo.
 I am a HUGE fan of dry shampoos and I am always willing to try new ones on the market. It smells delicious and it isn't 'powdery' - it doesn't leave a white residue either which is fab news for us brunettes! 

3) amie Morning Dew Matte Finish Moisturiser.
As a girl with an oily t-zone I adore products that have a matte finish. It means I don't walk around looking like a sweaty mess! 
It doesn't really have a scent which is good because I don't love having a florally scenting face for the day. Once applied it doesn't leave my skin feeling taut or sticky which means you can go straight in with your foundation and/or concealer!

4) anatomicals citrus body scrub.
I was super excited when I saw this in my bag! I love exfoliating and keeping my skin looking fresh all year round; and now it smells fresh too! The citrus smell wakes you up in the morning and a little product goes a looooong way! 

5) Merci Handy.
This hand sanitiser is amazing! It doesn't have that alcohol smell to it. These merci gels have different scents and I got the 'New Wave'. It smells clean and very summery. It's in a 30ml bottle which makes it perfect for even the smallest of handbags!

6) English Laundry 'Notting Hill' perfume. 
I love the sample perfumes Birchbox send out because they are great for a night out; you can keep it in your handbag or clutch for top ups throughout the night! It smells fruity with a hint of floral and again, is very summery. I probably wouldn't buy a full size version as it isn't my preferred scent but it's great for a one time spray!

What did you all receive?! Let me know in the comments! 

Until next time, xo.

**Disclaimer - This Birchbox subscription is paid by me and none of the products were sponsors.**

No comments:

Post a Comment